23 Nov 2015

rudeness

im sure every single one of us at some point in our lives has been rude to someone, maybe with out even knowing!

so today my beautiful unicorns, i am going to have a rant about rudeness!

over the past couple of weeks i have been a victim of pure rudeness, and being a sensitive person have taken it to heart.

at the beginning of October when the 5p carrier bag law came in, i was working in a shop and got allot of abuse from customers moaning about the charge. i understood allot of people was not happy about this and didnt mean to take it out on me, but then there was the ones who wanted to blame me personally! - i actually think the 5p bag charge is a good idea, we need to save the planet! 

there was one older man who wanted to perform to the rest of the shop like he was some stand up comedian (who wasnt very funny) first he thought it was okay to criticize what i was wearing....
in the picture above is top i was wearing at work. its a black jumper with a fake shirt sewn into it to make it look like im wearing a white shirt with a jumper over the top.

the man decided to say very loudly so the rest of the shop could hear:

"your shirt is un tucked and looks a mess"

he was looking around to see if people was looking at him as he wanted the attention. - i also felt uncomfortable that he had been looking me up and down

i pointed out it was the design of my top and was supposed to look like that in a friendly manner even though i could tell he was tying to wind me up. he then turned to a lady queuing behind him and started ranting about the carrier bag charge. - i didnt say anything and just scanned his items through the till. i then asked him if he wanted a bag and he said yes. - even though i heard him talking abut the carrier bag charge i still explained about it. - he then started ranting and raving about it saying it a con and blah blah blah. i asked if he wanted a bigger bag so he can re use it and he said no and wanted a little bag. i gave him a little bag and he held it up high and showed everyone how small the bag was and started ranting and raving that it cost 10p! i corrected him that it was 5p and he started shouting that it was a 5p because the bag was second hand. - i understand that people dont like paying for bags but PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT before trying to use me as your comedy prop! 
this man did not personally know me yet thought it was okay to criticise my appearance, use me as a comedy prop, knock my confidence and just be plain rude to me. OH and one of my biggest pet peeves is when people cant say "please" or "thank you"


via GIPHY

when my shop closed down, i had the doors locked and was sat on the floor making up some boxes to pack the company stock in. some lady started bashing on the window, i looked over and saw it was the lady that used to come in and annoy all the staff and she sold similar things. i was like "GREAT WHAT DOES SHE WANT!?"

i unlocked the doors explained why we closed as thats what she asked and then she laughed in my face that i have been made redundant. i gave her an evil look and told her to shut up so she took the piss out of me even more and said it was good news! - how can people be so heartless when someone has lost their job just before christmas? -  i did tell her to piss of and she still stood there laughing at me. (im going to keep the story short but later that day she accused me of "man handling" her and pushing her into the road even though all i did was shut the door in her face.)


via GIPHY

yesterday i was doing some volunteering and offered two ladies something. - one turned around to be and said "get stuffed" (get stuffed is a politer British version of "f*** you)
when i walked off hurt she was laughing and making fun off me saying i had a hissy fit

the other week i went to watch some fire works in chawton and was stood outside the event, where lots of other people was stood. one of the men that organised the event came round with a bucket, i thought he must want donations for the fireworks what i thought was fair enough as im sure allot of hard work went into organising the fire works. i went to put £3 in the bucket and he said it was £5 each! i was like nooooooooo way. for starters we was stood behind trees in a public area. i told him i couldnt afford £5 and he called me a "FREELOADER" he called me that horrid name more than once. i said i had just been made redundant and he said in such a sarcastic Jeremy kyle tone "bye then" i was actually hurt he called me a freeloader so my hurt turned to anger and refused to move and told him its a public space and he has no right to move me on.

oh and the definition of freeloader is:
"a person who takes advantage of others generosity with out given anything in return"

this blog post has turned into a rant, but its been some good therapy for me!
remember guys think of other peoples feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment